CELTA is one of the world’s foremost entry-level qualifications for people
who wish to become professional teachers of English to adult learners.
At the Berlin School of English we offer the CELTA course in two formats:
1 | A four-week full-time intensive course
2 | A thirteen-week part-time course
Both course formats include 120 contact hours, including input on methodology and language awareness, observed teaching practice, feedback and observation of other teachers.
During the course participants learn how to:
- plan purposeful lessons
- analyse language for teaching purposes
- find, adapt and design teaching materials
- teach students new grammar and vocabulary in an engaging way
- provide students with meaningful language practice
- provide students with helpful feedback and correction
- develop students‘ reading, listening, writing and speaking skills
- use classroom management techniques
- evaluate the effectiveness of their own teaching
Read on find out more about the course structure and method of assessment.
To find out if this course is suitable for you, try this questionnaire.