The BERLIN SCHOOL OF ENGLISH is committed to establishing and maintaining the highest possible standards in language education. As teachers and teaching are at the heart of what we do, we chose to establish a Teacher Training Centre in 2003.
We offer full-and part-time initial teacher training course leading to the Cambridge ESOL CELTA as well as in-service training and other teacher development opportunities for teachers and schools.
Participants on our CELTA courses have exclusive use of a well-appointed resource room containing a library of course books, reference materials and background methodology texts, a computer area, printing and copying facilities and space to work on lesson planning.
There is WiFi access throughout the Training Centre. CD and DVD players, overhead projectors and a data projector are available for teaching practice.
Our school also runs intensive courses for adult learners of English throughout the year. These are accredited by the Berlin City Government as providing recognised business related training (Bildungsurlaub). Observation of these courses forms part of the required observation of experienced teachers and this will give you an insight into the working of a language school.
As well as business English courses, we also teach a range of courses for academic purposes, preparing clients for internationally recognised language qualifications and exams such as Cambridge Certificate (FCE, CAE and CPE as well as BEC Preliminary, BEC Vantage und BEC Higher), TOEFL- und IELTS-Tests, and certificates from the London Chamber of Commerce and Industry (LCCI).
The BERLIN SCHOOL OF ENGLISH is a private language school in the heart of Berlin, specialising in Business English. We are situated in a quiet street only two minutes walk from the famous Checkpoint Charlie and the former site of the Berlin Wall. The Teacher Training Centre is located on the second floor of the building. We have been running CELTA courses since 2004 and have now trained over 800 teachers.
- Charlottenstraße 81
- Tel.: +49 30 22 90 455
- Fax: +49 30 22 90 471
How to reach us:
U Kochstr. /Checkpoint Charlie (U6): 3 mins walk
U Stadtmitte (U2, U6, Bus M49, Bus 265): 5 mins walk
Bus Charlottenstrasse (M29): 1 min. walk
For more than twenty years the BERLIN SCHOOL OF ENGLISH has successfully provided a comprehensive programme of standard and business English courses and topical seminars tailor-made to suit the needs of our clients.
But when it comes to professional development, material resources are far less important than the support and impetus that you receive from qualified, capable and encouraging tutors. The tutors who you will work with on your initial teacher training course are among the most experienced in their field and they practice what they preach – investing time and energy in their own professional development by attending conferences, running workshops and writing articles for journals.
In addition to our initial teacher training courses, we can offer you a wide range of in-service training, development and support.
- If you are interested in taking the Cambridge ESOL Distance DELTA, we can support you – just get in touch with us.
- Are you a school or an institution and want to support the professional development of your staff? We can help you.
- Do you work independently and want individualised support for your professional development? Perhaps you need a mentor.
- If you think we could support you in a way not outlined here, just contact us.
CELTA: CAMBRIDGE ESOL Level 5 Certificate in Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages
- For information about the award, read what is CELTA?
- To find out if the course is suited to you, read who is CELTA for?
- Follow this link to find out about the course structure and assessment.
- you can meet the training team here.
- For information about what the course costs and when you can participate, read dates and fees.
- Do you need to arrange accommodation for the period of your CELTA course? Let us help.
- To read about what our trainees do next, read after the CELTA course.
- Would you like to apply for a course? – it’s simple!
If you cannot find the answer to a question you have, please contact us – we look forward to hearing from you!